Friday, July 9, 2010

Kentucky Horse Park


The Kentucky Horse Park is part of the Kentucky State Park system. Opening in, I believe, 1978, the Kentucky Horse Park is 1200 acres of pastures, museums, equine presentations, show venues and seminars. We were here to see a special exhibit through October 2010. “A Gift of the Desert: The Art, History and Culture of the Arabian Horse,” celebrates the Arabian horse. There is also a museum dedicated to the American Saddlebred. This breed was developed in Kentucky over 120 years ago. The park will host the 2010 World Equestrian Games September 23 to October 10. This is the first time that the event will be held outside of Europe.

The Kentucky Horse Park is a great place for horse lovers like me.

What can I say but wow. Beautifully maintained, wide shaded and paved sites, beautiful well-maintained pool, and a shuttle to the horse park. Just off of I-75. Do I sound like an ad? Well I highly recommend this campground.



No comments:

Post a Comment